Wednesday, March 28, 2012

[ns] Wireless one way broadcast

------------------------------
From: Sunil K
Sent: 29-03-2012 AM 11:56
To: ns-users@isi.edu
Subject: Wireless one way broadcast

Hi , I am planning on a small project and need help regarding its
feasibility.

I have a few wireless mobile devices (could be phones and laptops) which
periodically broadcast packets and also each device listens for other
broadcasts. Any device in range should receive the broadcasted data (no
need to reply or acknowledge or re-broadcast) , its ad hoc, in fact I don't
even need to connect.

1.To perform this can I just send UDP packets with address 255.255.255.255,
I heard this was deprecated. If so how do I achieve this? There is no
underlying network topology so I cannot rely on multicast or is there a way?

2.If there are 100 such devices, all in wireless range, each 1 performing a
periodic broadcast and receive, will it work? will there be too many
collisions ? and become infeasible. Each device receiving 70% of the
packets is a good performance according to me.

Thank You

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

blogger analytics