Wednesday, April 4, 2012

[ns] Doubts about IFQ

Hi,
         I'm using Queue/DropTail/PriQueue as the queue in my aodv simulation.

         I want to know from where the length of this queue is assigned.

        I find that we can assign "set val(ifqlen)" through TCL scripts. I also found the line "Queue set limit_ 10 " in ns-2.34/ns-default.tcl.


        I checked ns-2.34/queue folder and found the value "qlim_" in class Queue. Is this value corresponding to IFQ length ?


       
        I tried changing the value "Queue set limit_ 10 " in ns-2.34/ns-default.tcl and found that the value given here is being assigned
         to "qlim_" in class Queue.

      Can anyone tell where the line "set val(ifqlen)" is used internally or which variable in C++ does this line affect ?

       I think that IFQ implementation is given in ns-2.34/queue. Am I correct ?

        Or can anyone give links to where reading the value of IFQ is explained
?

                  regards,
                           Anupama

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

blogger analytics