Saturday, April 14, 2012

[ns] Z-MAC Implementation Query

Hello to all, I would like to ask if anyone has tried implementing Z-MAC protocol on NS2 2.34. I have found the following implementation: http://www4.ncsu.edu/~rhee/export/zmac/software/zmac/zmac.htm Which also requires the following:http://www4.ncsu.edu/~rhee/export/zmac/software/drand/drand.htm The situtation is as follows. This implementation was done on NS2 v2.26. I have tried in many ways to implement it in NS2 v2.34 and NS2 v2.35 but gave always the same error. After many tries I managed to compile (install) NS2 v2.26 on CentOS 6.2, since it is a very old version of NS2 and was impossible to compile by its own. Unfortunately I received the same error when I tried to run the command "ns simple-wireless.tcl <numNodes> <scenario.tcl>" (Need to check the DRAND protocol on the second link I provided. The same command was applied on NS2 v2.34 and NS2 v2.35). The error I receive is as follows: bash: syntax error near unexpected token `<'


If I try to run "ns simple-wireless.tcl", I get the following error:

num_nodes is set 0
couldn't read file "": no such file or directory
while executing
"source.orig {}"
("uplevel" body line 1)
invoked from within
"uplevel source.orig [list $fileName]"
invoked from within
"if [$instance_ is_http_url $fileName] {
set buffer [$instance_ read_url $fileName]
uplevel eval $buffer
} else {
uplevel source.orig [list $fileName]
..."
(procedure "source" line 8)
invoked from within
"source $scenarioFile"
(file "simple-wireless.tcl" line 37)
Any ideas on that? I will greatly appreciate your help! If you have some other implementation of Z-MAC that works, it will help me a great deal as I am working on my Final Year Project for my BSc. Kind regards,ulyssues.fam

No comments:

Post a Comment

Counter

blogger analytics